This formerly independent village was founded with the permission of August the Strong, Elector of Saxony, in 1714. In Neueibau, the typical Upper Lusatian large farms are almost completely non-existent as mainly poor families of hand weavers settled here. One of the most interesting buildings is the ancient school building. Based on designs by Ernst Kühn, it was constructed as a village school for two classes on the occasion of the Arts and Crafts Exhibition in 1906. Neueibau’s more than 30-year carnival tradition as well as the “Neueibauer Oktoberfest” festival belong to the annual cultural highlights, which are famous far beyond the borders of our region.
Diese Website verwendet Cookies. In diesen werden jedoch keine personenbezogen Inhalte gespeichert. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu Weitere Informationen