Together with the community of Ottenhain, Niedercunnersdorf counts about 1,590 inhabitants and is embedded in the beautiful landscape of the Upper Lusatia in Saxony.
The first documentary evidence of Niedercunnersdorf, as well as of its neighbouring community of Obercunnersdorf, dates from 1221. Ottenhain was first mentioned in records in 1317.
A special treasure is the multitude of beautiful and well-tended half-timbered houses. More than two-thirds of them were built before 1820.
Especially worth seeing are, for example, the parish office, the former linen cloth trader’s house located at Niedere Hauptstraße 37 and the old manor castle in Ottenhain.